Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wait a minute... homework isn't fun!
Yesterday I picked Cecelia up from school and she proudly announced she had homework! Just like mommy does sometimes! We had a great conversation about what homework is and why we have it. I explained it's school work that we don't have time to do at school so we take it home to finish. And isn't learning fun and I'm so proud of her for doing good at school and what ever else I could think of to plug this idea. She talks with Aidan about when she gets home she can't play until she's done with her homework and she's explaining to him that he's too little for homework. Then we get a home and Cecelia sets herself up at the dinning room table and shows me her homework. She has ten three-letter spelling words that she has to write out three times each (Thanks Scott). I explain to write her name at the top of the page and then how to space out the words and set her on her way. She writes one word and then rewrites it for a second time and then starts stalling and thinking about it... and then... she proclaims homework isn't any fun. I about died laughing. I had to walk away so I wasn't crying in front of her because I was laughing so hard. Priceless moments...
Yesterday and today I've been working on this baby quilt. I had started it awhile back but then I was putting it together different and didn't like how it was turning out and stopped and had to leave it alone for awhile. I've come back to it with a different idea and now I have the top all done and I'm loving it! It measures about 34" x 44". I have triangles cut for the corners but I'm kind of thinking that I like the corners cut off the way they are now. Maybe I'll leave them off. Anyway, I'm off to go digging in my stash to see what fun fabric I can find to use for the back! Tell me what you think!


1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

love the quilt!!

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home