Tuesday, July 01, 2008

It is official... there will be another Ballentine in the world!
I am pregnant!
We're due in January.
I saw the doctor this morning and even heard the heart beat!
Don't feel bad if you are just finding out. Everyone is just finding out. We didn't want to tell anyone about the pregnancy until we were sure this one was a keeper.
Now, normally you all know just what kind of freak I am about names. I have them picked out years ahead of time. I like to roll them off my tongue for a LONG time before committing to them. We have a boy name all picked out. However, I'm freaking out a little that I do not have a girl's name. I know we've never allowed anyone to have a say in baby names or asked opinions. Mostly because I've picked a name out long before I'm even actually pregnant. (Cecelia's name was picked in high school, knowing that I wasn't going to have a baby for at least ten years) So if you have any suggestions, throw them my way. Please do not be offended when I don't pick yours though. This is a long ugly process for me, and Mark. Mostly because I annoy him.

Just as a reminder:
Cecelia Peaches
Aidan Kaspar
If we have another boy: Paddrick Kingston (good Irish name)

Girl names that have made the short list thus far (in no particular order):
Audrey
Jillian (nickname Lily)
Lillian (nickname Lily)
Penelope (nickname Penny)
Kalei (Hawaiian)
Kali (Hawaiian)
Isla (Scottish pronounced I-la)


7 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

OK, Regina. You've brought me out of lurkdom! Promise me you won't name a kid Penny Ballentine - no, seriously, I need you to pinky swear on this one! You do realize you'll be condemning her to a lifetime of "Funny Valentine" comments!

Are you sticking with the crazy middle name themes? If so, weren't you batting around Justice several years ago? Your poor children - good thing you love them so much and will kick the butts of their playground tormentors :-)

Smooches,
Stephanie

12:02 PM  
Blogger Reg said...

Aren't you the same one who said absolutely no to Peaches... and look how good that turned out! Justice was thrown around for awhile. I still like it but is was supposed to be Sophia Justice. Sophia is now entirely too popular to use. But yes I do like a little more kick to a middle name. We'll have to see how 'unique' the first name turns out to be before we go crazy with the middle name.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I guess I have no room to talk since poor Riley's middle name is after my gynecologist! Cynthia is convinced we need to throw a couple of bucks in her therapy fund for that one :-)

1:00 PM  
Blogger Amanda Jean said...

congratulations on your pregnancy!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Jay, Deb, Shelby, and Julia said...

Yea!!!!!!!!!
Another Ballentine!! I like Jillian. So happy for you. So we will have to come up to your house at Christmas. Fun times.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM SUGGESTING THE FOLLOWING GIRL NAMES FOR CONSIDERATION:

ALANA
ELEANOR
VIVIAN

I THINK YOU SHOULD SPELL PADRIG THE IRISH WAY WHICH IS WHAT I JUST DID!
CONGRATULATIONS!
LOVE, MOM

8:55 AM  
Blogger Logan Family said...

congrats! i am so happy for you! and i think stephanie's suggestion of "smooches" is cute (maybe for a middle name though)

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home