Sunday, August 30, 2009

Random Thought and Rhetorical Question
Where did all the space go...
This past weekend I garage-saled with Jenn. Selling, not buying. It was fabulous to get rid of stuff and make a little money. For the last week, I've been walking around the house grabbing things that I just don't want any more or we don't use or hasn't be touched in forever. I have the bug. I was thinking that my house was pretty organized. Now, I walk around thinking that everything I see needs to be gone through and sorted out and put into the garage sale pile. It was almost five years ago we moved into this house. I can remember after unloading the truck and seperating boxes into the correct rooms. I worked on the kitchen first. I unpacked boxes and kept thinking about all the space I had. Entire cabinets with nothing in them. Other cabinets only half full. I thought how would I ever need this much space, how could I possibly fill up all these cabinets. Today, we went to Sam's club. We got the same food we usually get and then we came home and I started pilling and craming and fitting things in. And then I remembered those move-in thoughts. That's it! I've had it! I'm going through the kitchen one cabinet at a time and getting rid of stuff we never use and moving to the basement the things I only use during the holidays! An hour later, I have two cabinets down and seven more to go. How did I get all this crap!?! And where did all my 'extra' space go!?! I want it back!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Yes, that's what gave me the idea for a garage sale last year. The only difference is when I moved in to this house with TONS of cupboards, I still filled them up. I love kitchen stuff and cooking!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Larimer said...

I wasn't happy when Pat bought his beater truck.. but he has been able to take so much crap to the goodwill/junk yard! I love it! I can't believe some of the crap I have been lugging around for so long. junk.. just junk. It's so liberating!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Logan Family said...

Check out that Clean House show. Makes you want to throw everything you own away. Poor NAthan, he deserves a medal for all the times I made him move my junk from one home to the next... never using it, just storing it indefinately.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home