Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Quilt Update...
These are the latest squares for Cecelia's quilt. I'm going to see how many more I can power through this weekend. They are pretty but take FOREVER.
This is the baby boy quilt I've been working on for awhile. After changing my mind a couple of times about some details, here it is completely finished and off my to-do list! I'm really proud of how this one turned out.
I love the dark blue trim. I think it really pops next to the rest of the colors and the back. Also, it's hard to tell in these pictures but I've got multi-colored thread on the front and back. There are different shades of green on the front and fall colors on the back which was a last minute change but I think for the better! Also, I used a zig-zag pattern stitch to outline the squares and just a plain straight seam to break the squares up. You can't really see the straight seams on the front which was the point. The pattern shows up nicely understated on the back though. I really do like how it turned out.
This is also on the list of stuff to do today. I made a toddler quilt exactly like this a little over a year ago. I'm going to do it again. Partly because I loved it the first time and I gave it away and need another little girl blanket to give away again and partly because I still have this fabric and I can use it up and not have it sitting in my scrap pile anymore. Also, I think I'm going to try a different type of quilting on it if I can figure out how to on my machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home