Saturday, February 21, 2009

Holy Fabric Batman!
My Favorite local shop is celebrating 35 years. This translates into sales and free stuff!!! It's like Christmas all over again! I got a ton of new fabric! As usual, I have no idea what I'm going to do with any of it but I seem to work well like this. I get a bunch of fabric together and then somewhere along the way, it turns into a cool blanket. I like it! Okay, so here's the run down of my newest editions to the stash. (This of course does not include the packages of fabric I've been finding and buying online for half off!)

A new jelly roll. I'm tempted to go back and get another one because I love the colors so much! Plus, it's named 'Swanky'! Seriously...

This was a kit for a quilt. I love the fabrics but not the pattern it came with. However for 75% off, I got it and will throw out the pattern and make something else with the fabric. You can't pass up 75% off! Or at least I can't...

Free books with patterns I'll look at, get ideas from, and then change to make my own.

Sale fabric that's a little more neutral. Maybe to be added to some fabric that's got some flare...

FREE fabric!!!

MORE FREE fabric!!!
So even though I have a new baby, don't think I've been neglecting my quilting. It goes a little slower but it's still going. I'm working on the dinosaur quilt still. I've got the main part all put together now and working on borders. Here's a shot of the center all done.

Then I looked at all of these little triangles left over from the fabric and I wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting anything so I figured I could put them together for some sort of border.

(Insert lots of swearing here) I thought a gradation of colors from lightest to darkest would be so cool looking. It is. The laying out of tiny triangles in gradation and then sewing all the tiny triangles together into a somewhat straight line.... not cool. Not cool at all! In fact, you could say it was a huge pain in the a**. Alas, the triangle boarder is finished! It's not attached yet but I just finished the triangles last night. I'm hoping to find a little quiet time today to put the dark blue boarder on and then the triangles.

Here's the boarder laid out around the center. There are four triangles sewn together for each color and I used all the fabric from the charm packs but 8 tiny triangles!

4 Comments:

Blogger Khara Brooks said...

Wow! Super impressed over here!!! Is this sale still going? I should get some fabric to tinker with and beef up my almost-nonexistent skills!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Reg said...

Erica's always has fabric in the end-of-the-bolt area! You should check it out online.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Larimer said...

Gina, I am impressed. I wouldn't be able to do that while I was by myself, let alone if I had 3 little ones with me. You rock.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Logan Family said...

Somebody has WAY too much time of their hands. No way would I ever have time for all that. You go Gina!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home