Monday, March 09, 2009

Just another day of quilting...
So I spent the weekend doing math and to reward myself, I spent the morning piecing together a quilt. I got a new magazine this weekend and saw a pattern in there that I liked. So I stole the idea and changed it a little. First thing's first though. Here's Isla over the weekend. She fell asleep on me and I transfered her to the couch next to me so I could do homework. Isn't she sweet!

Aidan was entertaining her earlier in the day. She was actually laughing at him. He's such a clown. God help his teachers!

This is Aidan today. He actually picked out his own outfit! Very proud! I was taking pictures of the quilt I'm piecing together so if it gets messed up somewhere along the way I have a way of putting it back together how I wanted. This is a must in my house.

Here's the quilt I'm working on. Well one of the quilts I'm working on. I used 12 fat quarters on it. It was one of the bundles I bought online for a steal. I sat there piecing it together just right because I do not have any extra fabric and of course you can't buy any more because it was clearanced out. It's a little hard to tell in these pictures but the diagonals are either all pinks, greens, or blues. It took a little bit of rearranging but I finally get it all laid out how I like it and I go to put in the last corner...

And this is what I run in to. I have a pink triangle left. That's it. Any other color would have worked but no, I end up with pink. Well, I didn't have it in my heart to undo everything I had just put together and there was NO easy fix so there's a super big pink corner. Other than that, I really like the way it's laid out. It will end up a lap quilt somewhere around 4' by 4.5'. It's a little on the girly side but I don't mind. Plus because of the muted colors, I think it works well without any filler fabric like a white in between which is what the magazine did. We'll see how I feel when I get the top all together and start quilting but so far, I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home