Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Doctor's Visit
I went for my six week check up today. Post-baby, I'm doing very well. I also got an ultrasound to see if the cyst I had in August was still there or had gone away. It's still there and has not changed. There's a good side and a bad...
The Good: It's not dangerous. It hasn't burst, gotten bigger, turned into anything else, or crawled out and demanded to be called Frances. (don't ask)
The Bad: It has to be cut out. On April 9th. (awesome. especially since I've managed to avoid this during all three kids) It might be holding precancerous cells.
The Ugly: If it doesn't have any funky cells, then that's the end of the conversation. If it does have funky cells, I loose my left ovary right away, that day, right then and there. And then I have a couple more years if we want more kids before I have to have the right one out. At which point I will be thrust into menopause at the ripe old age of mid or late 30's. Again, awesome.
According to proper 'Reg' protocol, I have had a quick emotional break down freak out. I've now moved on to annoyed. Next will come the pissed off. Which I will hold on to as long as needed, depending on the out come of April 9th.
As all of this has happened I have given Isla LOTS of love today. We would not have found the cyst or been tracking how long it's been in there without her pregnancy. She really is such a perfect baby! I'll keep you posted as we figure everything out...

1 Comments:

Blogger Larimer said...

I don't know what to say to that. I will be thinking of you April 9h.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home