Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Today sucked.
So I sat around today absorbing everything that I learned yesterday, fighting the urge to be a shut in and ignore the world. Then I had to go to class and behave normal. At the end of class I decided better tell my prof and get it over with because I'm supposed to have an exam on April 8th but we have the info meeting with the doctor on the 7th and I just don't think I'm going to be able to focus on studying or a test between the meeting and the operation. I'm pretty sure it's going to take the majority of my focus to not loose my shit in front of my kids who will be on spring break that week and home with me the whole time. Anyway, I'm going to see if I can take the exam on Monday instead and get it out of the way. My prof still has to know. Plus I think it's a good idea in case some day I freak out. Better to plan for it just in case. I'm pretty confident that I can process all of this in a calm manner but seriously, I did just have a baby too and there's all sorts of hormones with that ball of joy. It was all I could do not to break down while giving the bare essentials to my prof because she's a mom and has that mom look and I know she just wanted to hand me a box of tissues and hug me. I'm half laughing and half crying even as I type. I'm such a mess. I prepared myself for the baby stuff. Sleepless nights, sore body, emotions, etc. but the added psychobabble attached to this new medical perk is a bit much. I'm glad next week is spring break. I plan on doing a lot of quilting and ignoring the phone. (I have my eye on a big bundle of fat quarters on sale 1/2 off as soon as our tax money drops!)
For tonight, I sent Mark to the store after putting the kids to bed to go get me some mini Reese's cups. Chocolate therapy was a must for the evening. Don't judge me! I still have to be able to focus enough to get my homework done for tomorrow's class. Besides, I'll make up for it by spending extra time on our wii fit. At least until Cecelia kicks me off so she can do the yoga.
PS: Thanks for the honesty Dani.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you have to go through this crap. I will be here for you every step of the way - can't wait to see you tomorrow :-)

Love,
Stephanie

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home