Monday, March 16, 2009

MacGyver... Whatever!
Yesterday Mark and I were running around with the kids and having a lazy afternoon. We stopped at the store to get some dinner before heading home and as we're getting in the car, Mark lets me know that Aidan is harboring a particularly fantastic present in his pull-up. He now wants to know where I think he should lay him down to change him. I take over because I do NOT want anything in my car or all over Aidan because he has to ride home in my car and this is just something far easier for me to take care of then try to instruct Mark. He gladly allows me to take over. As any mom, I get things changed without a hitch and we're on our way. The conversation that followed was pretty funny. Mark made some comment about how I was a super mom and cool like MacGyver. Mark and I started to talk about how cool we used to think MacGyver was. Now I just realize that he was probably raised by a single mom and Mark made the comment that the only reason the show made it was because it was a guy doing all this stuff. No one would be impressed with a woman doing it because moms across America do it every day. THANK YOU!
Ladies, take notice! At least one man has noticed how much mothers pull off everyday and that we definitely do not get the recognition we deserve.
On another note, my friends have been pointing out awesome silver linings to all of my 'perks' lately and the coolest one showed up this weekend. Stephanie let me know that general anesthesia gives your metabolism a jolt. AWESOME. That'll give me the leg up on Mark and I's little contest! Nice! You all know I like to win.
I'm off to quilt. Assuming Aidan lets me:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home