Thursday, April 09, 2009

Lady Luck Showers Me with Love Again!


Seriously the luckiest S.O.B. ever!


Here I sit a little sore and tired but intact and with NO threat of cancer what-so-ever!


I still have both ovaries and very tiny pain. The cyst turned out to be just a cyst but it was in there for awhile. It turns out it's called a chocolate cyst. Damn my sweet tooth!! So apparently it was bleeding in on itself and the inside turns the consistency of chocolate. It looks like it too. That's right, I got pictures! It's my innards so I thought I had the right to see what it looks like. I really wish I could have seen the thing but I was seriously passed out. Apparently, I'm very entertaining waking up. It made me think of the scene from Madagascar when the lion gets shoot with the tranquilizers. Funny. I walk like a SUPER old person and I'm pretty sure Mark is resisting the urge to make diaper sounds as he trails me to the bathroom every time. I'm very glad that he's back to his colorful self. He even asked if I felt like a cheap date as we got ready to leave the hospital. I had my underwear in my little bag because they sat in the wrong spot on my belly and was sporting some of the hospital's sexy stuff. Awesome! Other than that, I'm just really bloated because they pumped me full of air to have room in there and I'm a little swollen from the days activities. I'm sure tomorrow I'll look like a beaten housewife because I bruise so easily and I'm already showing hints of all sorts of pretty colors.


WARNING!!!
Turn away now if you don't want to see my chocolate ball of perks! I thought this was really cool but for those of you with weak stomachs, leave now.

So top to bottom and left to right...
1) top-center is my uterus, on the right is the normal ovary and on the left is the cyst (white) Check out the size difference.
2) doctor's instrument lifting the cyst up for a better view
3) another view of the cyst
4) way in the back, in darker pink/red is my liver!
5) cutting open the cyst, AWESOME!
6) scar tissue from another cyst. probably the one that burst in Bloomington.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jay, Deb, Shelby, and Julia said...

Awesome pics. To weird people like me that is totally cool. Would like to see the bigger pics whenever we manage to get together in the future. Glad you are OK.

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so despite the fact that you warned the squeamish not to look, I looked. What can I say, other than....gross!! Next time I come visit you, we can't go to that yummy Chocolate Cafe - you just ruined chocolate for me - thanks a lot ;-)

Love you,
Stephanie

6:37 AM  
Blogger Khara Brooks said...

Woohoo! So glad things went well. And cool pics! :)

6:42 AM  
Blogger Logan Family said...

OMG that really does look like chocolate! how gross... but glad to hear everything is ok!

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home