Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Lone Hair...
I found one. It's the first one. Again. It first showed up a couple of months ago and I plucked it out. Well, I found it again yesterday. I plucked it again. I'm entirely too young to have any. Although, it was that beautiful shade of silver white that shines so much it looks like it sparkles and always looks so classy. I'm gonna be HOT as an old grandma!
Other Updates!!!
Grandma bought this sweater a couple years back and it finally fits! Just in time for Easter too. Although Cecelia chose a shirt that's still a little big on her to wear underneath. What am I going to do...

Isla in a 3-6 month outfit. We went to the doctor's this morning. Hers, not mine. For her 2 month check-up she's measuring 24.5 inches (97%) and 12lbs, 7.75oz (85%). She's still measuring longer that Cecelia at the same age. Seriously, miracle grow??? What's funny is the doctor looks at that info and then by force of habit asks me if she's eating okay. I couldn't help smirking and he started laughing at the question before I could even answer. She's measuring the average size of a four month old. I'd say she's eating pretty well. Silly Man. Anyway, we went through all the bells and whistles and passed. I never had a doubt.

This past weekend was a busy one. We finally sucked it up and bought the new camcorder that we've been talking about buying for two years (give or take). It's tiny and pretty and wonderful. It also means that I did not take a single picture with the camera all weekend. We went to a birthday party for Ciara (Diego's little sister) on Saturday. I have video. No still photos. We had the kids dancing at home. Wow, Aidan. That's all I can say. Again, video, no pictures. We took Cecelia and Aidan to Stomp on Sunday afternoon. I don't have video or pictures of that one because you're not allowed to. However, I will tell you that Aidan thought that was the 'best ever!' His words not mine. And was jamming throughout the entire show. Cecelia liked it a lot too but was a little more reserved with her body movement. A REALLY good time was had by all, including Yaya. We twisted her arm to hang out with Isla.
More than just a good name...
Also, last week I found a little time on Friday to finish the squares to a lap quilt I started. Each square measures 14.5 inches and I'm using my Swanky (seriously love that name) jelly roll. I've started trimming the squares to put together but I'm trying to make myself finish up Thursday's homework today before I go back to quilting. Here's a close up of one of the squares and then a lay out of all the squares. I still have some fabric from it so I'll be putting a boarder on it but I'm not sure what kind yet.


Alrighty, that's all I can think of for right now. I'm off to go be productive and get all my work done so I can play tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Blogger Khara Brooks said...

I have gray hair now too. I found about 20 last summer and that's when I started dying it the color I really wanted to be. :) Mine is pretty too. I know exactly what you mean. But I don't know when I'll be allowing myself to go gray. Probably not for a very long time!

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about damn time you started aging like the rest of us ;-) Of course, I do have a 10 year head start on you!

Steph

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home