Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Parental Superpowers
As a parent, I've noticed an accumulation of 'super' powers. Most of these are useless in the world outside my house but last night I was appreciating one in particular. As a mom, I am now capable of hearing my children on the other side of the house and know exactly what they are touching. This may sound simple but if you knew how many toys (theirs and mine) there are in the house, it's impressive. At least to me. Last night Mark and I were hanging out in the den after putting the kids to bed. We could hear that they were still awake and that someone was up out of bed and playing. It was then that I realized I not only knew that it was Aidan but which plane he was playing with and where he was in his bedroom. Awesome. While completely useless in the job world, it meant that we didn't have to venture upstairs to see what was happening. I simply had to yell a menacing threat upstairs to send him scurrying back to bed.

Also, I finished the top to the lap quilt and discussed and chose the binding and backing fabric with Jenn this morning. I'll have to get going on it and quilt it. Maybe I'll get some pictures up soon. In the mean time... These were this morning with the light streaming in the windows while we were getting ready for school.


One of Isla's naps! Thanks Aunt Melani and Uncle Dennis for the super cute outfit! We're just about too big for it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Khara Brooks said...

That is so funny and so true about the super powers! I never really thought about it, but yeah...

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home